Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Phone: 919-841-3132
Clina Polloni received the 2017 FCAC ARTIST AWARD, for her outstanding achievements and contributions to the Franklin County Art Council. Click here for articles and information >>
Clina Polloni was born and raised in Chile. After graduating from the University of Chile in 1972, she moved to Raleigh, NC, where she began her lifelong career as a designer and artist.
Clina Polloni is a contemporary artist. Her colorful oil paintings are inspired by her love for people, animals and nature, expressing her art through the canvas in oil painting. Her new project: "The motif of the human figure in a dialogue with natures light and colors." In these new paintings she is portraying the people of North Carolina in their environment and activities, representing a time and history of our state.
She lives with her husband Thomas C. Allen at “The Marigold Plantation” in Franklinton, NC, where she has her studio and gallery
Her experience and expertise needs to be divided in two different careers but at the same time connected through the Arts.
An artist and a designer.
Her colorful oil paintings are inspired by her love for people, animals and nature, expressing her art through the canvas in oil painting. Her art has been exhibited in many places, including The North Carolina State Capitol. In 2004 founded "Arts by Us" inspired by her friends that wanted to learn to paint together in a family environment offering private and group painting classes. You can view her art by visiting the paintings section of this website.
Art is a wonderful media to enhance a promotional campaign. Illustrations in oil painting, acrylics and water colors can add a hole new exiting dimension to a marketing promotion, like brochures, ads and even websites. Clina has accomplish this by creating illustrations for all purposes including covers of magazines, books or the 2008-2009 Season of the Opera of North Carolina.
Teaching is something that fascinate Clina.
Clina offers private and group painting classes. To be able to transfer all this knowledge of art, of accomplishment after finishing a painting, to see the joy of the students admiring their work. This is her biggest satisfaction. When teaching, she likes to talk to the student, learn what is inside their feelings, what do they want to express in a painting. Through the painting process she teaches them painting techniques, color mixing, perspective, light and shadows, proportions in forms, drawing and much more. To develop their imagination and in the process their creativity.
From early age start studying art with private tutoring and school.
1967: Graduated from high school. "Braemar School for Girls", a private English School in Chile.
1972: Graduated from the "University of Chile", School of Design. Took many art classes at the University of Chile, "Escuela de Bellas Artes".
1972: Moved to Raleigh, NC, where she began her lifelong career as a graphic designer, interior designer, illustrator and artist. Clina has lived and worked in several cities, including Santiago Chile, Washington DC, Atlanta and Raleigh.
- For the year 2017 you can visit the Exhibitions page for information >>
- On April 2, 2016. Clina Polloni exhibited at the Spring Art Festival in Historic Wake Forest, NC. Invited by the Sunflower Studio & Gallery.
- September 2015, Invited to exhibit two paintings at the Winston-Salem Delta Arts Center
“HISPANIC ARTS INITIATIVE Exhibition” For more information about the exhibition, click here >>
- September 12, 2015, Tar River Festival, Louisburg, NC. For more information about the Festival, click here >>
- November 10, 2014, interview by Duke University http://sites.duke.edu/latinosindurham/2015/01/21/clina-polloni/
- September 6, 2014, donated the "9/11 Children Painting" to The US Military Veterans Foundation. The painting was used to raise almost $6,000 for a family in need. The painting was displayed at a total of 11 events and all day at Raleigh Country Club Army VS Navy Golf Tournament. Click here >>
- On September 2012 was invited by The North Carolina Museum of History, to participate in the " Hispanic Heritage Month Art Exhibition".
- On May 2012, was invited by The Cotton Company Gallery, Wake Forest, NC to exhibit and was the feature artist for the month of May.
- On August 14, 2010 and July 10, 2010, exhibited at the North Carolina State Capitol in Raleigh. The theme was “Images of the Capitol”. Included beautiful paintings of North Carolina scenes and people.
- On June 12, 2010, exhibited at the Museum of the Cape Fear Historical Complex in Fayetteville, NC.
- 2008 to 2010 - Owned studio gallery at the Carter building in Raleigh, NC.
- 2011 - Toughed painting workshops at Michaels in South Point, Durham, NC. Representing Grumbacher Academy Acrylics paints.
2015 - Member of the Wake Forest Guild of Artist.
2015 - Board Member of the Franklin County Art Council.
2008 – “Latin American Women’s Excellence Award”. This award is presented by The Mental Health Association in North Carolina and The Latin American Women’s Club “LAWC” to recognize and support the efforts and talents of the Latin women, who with leadership and optimism, work for the well-being of their community and the development of the Arts.
2005 - “The Pride Of Our Community” Award”. Each year, Univision 40 gives this award to someone that they believe is an example of excellence and perseverance in the Hispanic Community. Supporting the Arts and educating about the Hispanic Culture.
2000 - Hispanic Chamber of Commerce of NC., Board Member.
1999 - Special Olympics World Summer Games, Language Services Manager.
1999 - The Greater Raleigh Chamber of Commerce, Ambassador.
1999 - NC Bid Committee-2007 Pan American Games, Interpreter.
Clina started in a drawing board, like all designers did years ago! but as technology advances, she went through the high tech evolution. She is an expert in website design and development, logo design and marketing, learning and applying new technology to her work every day. Today she is an independent designer. Visit Clina Polloni Design for more information.
Previously, a partner of Polloni Design, Inc. a full service agency, a corporate identity, website and brand developing firm located in Raleigh, NC. When living in Atlanta, Clina was the Creative Director for the Automotive Department of Miller Zell Design Center, a large Atlanta based advertising and promotions agency, where she designed and supervised merchandising campaigns for such recognized clients as Mazda, Nissan, Suzuki, Texaco, Honda, Mitsubishi, Chevrolet and Hyundai. As an independent designer, she has also worked with companies engaged in such industries as magazine publishing, soft drink bottling, medical services, commercial development, banking, manufacturing, pharmaceutical, shopping centers and high-tech electronics.